Monday, August 30, 2010

Camping

We spent this whole past weekend camping at the country club (in the camper of course) and I have to say I think Harvey really enjoyed himself! He's an outdoorsman at heart! Friday night, I ran home after work, threw some stuff in the car and headed out to pick up Harvey from RoRo's. We headed around to the pavillion where Allen was waiting for us, along with Chip, Rachel, and Hill. They already had the grill fired up and the boys enjoyed playing while we cooked out. Harvey napped in the stroller and stayed up a little late. Usually, if he stays up late, he still wakes up bright and early! Well, Saturday morning, I saw him up on the monitor at 7:30, layed my head back down, and the next thing I knew I looked at my phone and it was 9:00!..and he was snoozing! We came home and got a few things done here, then spent the afternoon at the lake. Daddy played in the boat and we played in the sand and under the pavillion with Hill. We had a ball. By 7 pm, Harvey couldn't hold his eyes open any longer. Then, Sunday morning I had to wake him up at 8:30 to head home and get ready for church! This wasn't his first time to stay at the camper, but it's been a couple of months. Needless to say, we enjoyed our weekend so much we will be out there much more from now on! I can't wait for cooler weather with bonfires and S'mores!!! :)

1 comment: